Guest post from Jiazi – Ed.
Be a part of the first simultaneous Asia-Pacific-wide BlackBerry® hackathon! Hack your way through 40 hours of non-stop coding. From ideation to creation, together with our experts, make it all app-en to win cash, devices, trips and more. Indulge on an endless supply of food, drinks, activities and giveaways. Go head-to-head in ten major cities and advance to BlackBerry Jam Asia 2012 to represent your team and country. Whether you are an experienced or aspiring developer, designer or an entrepreneur, you can bring your skills and ideas to turn your ideas into reality. It’s going to be a blast!
Organised by ten PDeveloper Groups & Communities in Asia Pacific, each 40-hour JamHack event will provide an opportunity for four-member teams of developers, designers, marketeers, entrepreneurs to work on an awesome app for BlackBerry 10. To ensure that each team is properly equipped for the challenge, RIM is providing round-the-clock Global Technical Helpdesk support, by the tech experts from Developer Relations Asia Pacific team onsite, as well as platform experts streaming live from North America.
Don’t miss the great opportunity to hack with the subject-matter experts and fellow brilliant minds, across continents! On each weekend, there will be five simultaneous JamHack events happening:
Jammin’ on Oct 12-14 (5-city simultaneous Hacks):
- India – Delhi (by @skjsaurabh)
- India – Bangalore (by Rubus Labs DevGroup)
- Singapore (by @BBDevSG)
- Malaysia – Kuala Lumpur (by @BBMYCoders)
- Philippines – Manila (by @PinoyBBDev)
Jammin’ on Oct 19-21 (5-city simultaneous Hacks):
- Indonesia – Jakarta (by @BBDevID)
- Vietnam – Ho Chi Minh City (by @Louis_Keeper)
- Thailand – Bangkok (by @BBDevThailand)
- China – Shanghai (@immmooo)
- Australia – Melbourne (@csaunders_ca)
Over each of the weekend events, RIM will also be sharing market insights tailored to the respective cities so developers can develop market-relevant applications. Beyond that, the two days will also include sharing sessions aptly names as JamBytes. During these sessions, participants will have the chance to understand in-depth developmental tips and tricks on BlackBerry 10 platform, how to enhance their BlackBerry 10 applications, as well as go to market strategies for their new apps.
The ten winning teams from the JamHack events will receive an all-expense paid trip to BlackBerry Jam Asia, where you will represent your city and compete at the Asia-Pacific Finals.
Final winning team of the “Asia-Pacific Finals” will win the grand prize of:
- Cash Prize of US$10,000
- BlackBerry App World™ marketing for 2 months for BlackBerry 10 launch in Asia, Middle East and Africa (where applicable) & one week marketing in North America, Latin America and Europe (where applicable)
- BlackBerry World App marketing with launch campaign of BlackBerry 10 in market
- Dedicated technical & Business Consultancy for up to third month after launch of BlackBerry 10 in team’s market
Don’t hesitate! Sign up or find out more at: www.blackberryjamhack.com!