A good particle system is important for games and we are pleased to announce support for Particle Designer 2.0, one of the best particle effects editors out there. If you’re a Corona Pro or Enterprise subscriber, you can begin using this feature immediately, starting with Daily Build #2204 or later.
Particle Designer 2.0, used by many major studios, offers cool features to mobile developers, including:
- High Configurability — 48 properties allow you to create wildly unique effects.
- Multiple Emitters — Support for multiple simultaneous particle systems.
- Realtime Preview — Watch particles immediately morph to reflect your property changes.
- Drag-and-Drop — Full drag-and-drop support for background and particle images.
Particle Designer + Corona SDK
Adding Particle Designer effects to a Corona project is as simple as 1-2-3…
- When the particle system meets your expectations from within Particle Designer, export it as a JSON file, open and decode it within Lua, and pass it to display.newEmitter().
- Toggle whether existing particles are dependent or independent of the emitter’s position/rotation.
- Move and rotate emitters like any other display object, either via direct property settings or transitions.
Ready to Begin?
If you’re ready to dive in, you can download Particle Designer 2.0 and start experimenting with amazing particle effects in Corona Daily Build #2204 or later. In the meantime, watch for a Particle Designer tutorial, coming soon!
Follow this link: