It’s been a while since qbs 1.0.0 has come out, and things have been adding up – time for qbs 1.1.0!
- Projects can now be nested, making it very easy to embed a stand-alone project into another one.
- Change tracking has improved a lot: We now catch more factors that (may) require parts of a project to be rebuilt, and on the other hand we also do less unnecessary re-builds. For future releases, we aim at more improvements in this area.
- Due to more thorough checks for mistakes such as syntax errors in project files or missing information in profiles, we are able to provide more helpful error messages, which should make life considerably easier for users.
- The API provides more information to IDEs, which enables better qbs project support in the upcoming Qt Creator 3.0.
- A lot of documentation has been added, particularly for the project file language. This area was seriously lacking in the first release.
- There is now a GUI application for editing profiles and other settings.
Of course, there have also been countless bugfixes and smaller improvements. In particular, we would like to thank Jake Petroules for his continuous efforts in making and keeping the OSX platform well-supported.
Where do I get it?
Source packages and a binary package for Windows can be found here.
Bug tracker: https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QBS
Mailing list: http://lists.qt-project.org/mailman/listinfo/qbs