Today we have released version 1.1 of the Qt Quick Enterprise Controls add-on that was first released in January. The Qt Quick Enterprise Controls library provides a collection of Qt Quick-based controls that can be customized and easily extended to match the desired look-and-feel of the user interface. Together with the Qt Quick Controls library, it forms a full set of controls for Qt Enterprise and Qt Mobile customers to leverage in their applications.
The focus of this release has been on improving the existing controls, with some new features added:
- The tickmark functionality behind the CircularGauge was abstracted out, allowing Dial to also benefit. This opens up Dial to new possibilities; for example, it is now possible to combine the stepSize property with tickmarks and labels to create a “switch” that snaps to certain options.
- PieMenu got several improvements:
- It will now stay within the bounds of the window when opened, ensuring that all options are visible at all times.
- Icons will be scaled if their size exceeds the radius or circumference of the section they are in.
- The title property was added. This property controls the text that is displayed above the menu when there is no currently selected menu item.
A new version is always nicer with new controls, so we would like to introduce StatusIndicator. This control emulates a typical LED indicator found on electrical equipment to visualize on/off state. As with all of the controls, it uses generated graphics to ensure scalability across all target devices. It also provides a color property to provide extra context amongst other indicators.
Qt Quick Enterprise Controls are included in the Qt Enterprise and Qt Mobile Licenses, so they are free for our licensees to use and are fully covered by our standard support. You can test out the Qt Quick Enterprise Controls and the rest of Qt Enterprise or Qt Mobile by downloading our free 30-day evaluation. Qt Enterprise and Qt Mobile customers can download Qt Quick Enterprise Controls binaries and source code through the online installer. The module can be found under Qt Enterprise Add-Ons in the package manager. Source packages are also available in Qt Account Downloads. For further information about the controls, please visit the documentation.
This add-on is developed for our customers based on their input, to provide more complex, industry-specific UI controls, and we are happy to hear your suggestions about what should be included. If you have any issues using them or want to share ideas for further development, just contact our support team through the Qt Account Support Center.
Read this article: